Thursday, March 21, 2013

Mimesis: Night of the Living Dead



Well well....look what we have here! Someone is doing a little thinking "outside the box" in horror again. Granted, this is similar to the WAXWORK concept in a few ways, but it's meta, one movie take makes this something that I'd kinda like to check out.

The trailer below almost lost me, actually. It starts out looking like a typical, set 'em up and knock 'em down slasher or BS supernatural teen splatter trip. However, it turns around and turns around quickly, taking things in a very interesting direction.

Or...is it better as a trailer? Maybe I should just be happy with that? We'll see.

The film came out in 2011 and got a big 30% on ROTTEN TOMATOES, but that doesn't scare me. People are trashing talking THE ABCS of DEATH and V/H/S and I loved those. I'll give this a go.

Sadly, it's not streaming on NETFLIX (at the time of this posting) , so I'll have to wait for the DVD.


No comments:

Post a Comment