Wednesday, October 1, 2014

All Cheerleaders Die


 Well, Lucky McKee and Chris Sivertson make a heck of a directing team. I've always dug McKee, but Sivertson had me shying away, to be honest. Just because of the negative buzz around I KNOW WHO KILLED ME. (...which I still need to watch. It sounds like a wondrous wreck! :) )  But, man, this is a fun film!

  There are these films out lately (JOHN DIES AT THE END, CONTRACTED, DETENTION) that are running free from the norm and it's working really well. They are blazing some new ground on familiar trajectories and I like it. ALL CHEERLEADERS MUST DIE takes a rather standard magical return tale - with cheerleaders - and spins it a little in a fun way. I like.




There are some fun twists and some odd ones, but all in all it was a fun, strange little ride. If you liked items like GINGER SNAPS or JAWBREAKER or HEATHERS - or would like to see what the baby would look like if these three films got together - you'll want to check out ALL CHEERLEADERS DIE. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment