Monday, November 7, 2011

Inside: Second Mention


I think I've already covered the insanity and mayhem that is INSIDE, but with LIVIDE winging it's way to us, I figured it was worth a second mention.
INSIDE is a boneshaker. It rattles the soul. It slaps the face. It's so good.

My wife was 6 or 7 months pregnant when I saw this film and that made it very hard to watch. The subject matter and visuals are striking. The pack a punch that is just hard to shake. Here I am thinking about the film a long while after I saw it originally and it still makes me shiver when I think about some of the content and visuals.

Film makers Alexandre Bustillo and Julien Maury were being considered for a HELLRAISER reboot and I think it would have been amazing. Unfortunately, it seems that the studio has had second thoughts and have taken the offer back. I don't think they were ready to have something as intense as INSIDE for their reboot, but I think Hellraiser fans would have loved it.







Be afraid.
Be very afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment