Thursday, September 26, 2013

Crying Wolf


I got a message from the Twitterverse today about a trailer I might want to check out. It was for a film called Crying Wolf. I thought, "Sure, I'll...bite..." and clicked. I wasn't expecting anything, really. Well, the trailer that popped up was rather good. It's a little horror comedy from the U.K. and it looks like it might be well worth a viddy.

And...did I mention that Caroline Munro is in it?!?!?!   ::::puuuuurrrrrr::::    :)

From IMDB:
"From the Director of 'DEADTIME' and 'Zombie Harvest' comes Crying Wolf! They're Hungry, Hairy and ready to hunt you down! The comedy horror Crying Wolf tells the story of strange and weird goings on in a little English village called Deddington. The gruesome death of local girl Charlotte by a rabid monster causes alarm and revulsion - before desperate reporters, crazy detectives and revenge seeking hunters descend on the scene! Crying wolf is a fast paced British comedy horror that will keep you howling for more"

From the look of the trailer, Director Tony Jopia seems to know what he's doing. Things are shot well and there's a certain quality that tends to be missing from many smaller budget genre films.  Jopia has another film in the works called CUTE LITTLE BUGGERS as well - up for a 2014 release.

Sure, the film takes a bit of a hit on the financial side when it comes to some of the effects, but, with strong acting and a good plot, effects can slip a bit for sure. In the GOOD column, the humorous side of this seems to be "grin and wink" not "slip on a banana", thank goodness. I've seen far too many Yuck Yuck horror films that fall to a sad and flat sigh instead of laughs. (A HAUNTED HOUSE) They just don't cut it for me. This looks a little smarter and a little more high-brow.



The one thing that scares me a bit about this production is that news about it came rolling out around November of 2012. With distribution being what it is, this can happen - I know that. I just hope that I get to see this sooner rather than later. Maybe an October release?  Of course, I'm still waiting to see ZON 261 and they were talking about that one a month before news of this came to the surface. 

With an Edgar Wright-like bent, this film looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

Yes, I'll accept a review copy if you want to send me one, Gents! ;)

Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment