Saturday, May 19, 2012

GLENN MILLER - "THE LITTLE MAN WHO WASN'T THERE" - 78rpm



I love this creepy little song. It's the poem "Antigonish", an 1889 poem by American educator and poet Hughes Mearns. It has the awesome spin of Glenn Miller, too. It's all at once cute and creepy at the same time. A personal fave of mine. :)




Yesterday, upon the stair, 
I met a man who wasn’t there 
He wasn’t there again today 
I wish, I wish he’d go away... 

When I came home last night at three 
The man was waiting there for me 
But when I looked around the hall 
I couldn’t see him there at all! 

Go away, go away, 
don’t you come back any more! 
Go away, go away, 
and please don’t slam the door... (slam!) 

Last night I saw upon the stair 
A little man who wasn’t there 
He wasn’t there again today 
Oh, how I wish he’d go away

No comments:

Post a Comment