Monday, October 18, 2010

The Creepshow



While THE CREEPSHOW isn't the most awesome band I've heard, they have a style that works well and a sound that is melodic and hip. The goes a long way. Something about the classic "Hot Female Lead Singer" both attracts and repels me and I'm not sure why. I think it's because I feel that she's trying to distract me from hearing that her voice isn't bad, but isn't all that great either. But, that's the way of the music world. You need a hook. And, her voice is WAY better than mine, so who am I to point fingers? :) Ok...she's pretty and can sing.

In THE GARDEN (below) we see some of the coolness. The hip hair, slick stylings and tattoos that go along with a lot of the music of this genre. And...it works here for sure. The song has a great hook with some hints of classic rockabilly and pop that make it fun to listen to an bounce along with. Most of their music is the same. Not brilliant, but super fun to listen to. And...isn't that what's important?

Give 'em a listen.

THE GARDEN

No comments:

Post a Comment