Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Maelstrom (1985)


I was thinking about this series from the 80s the other day. I watched it - devoured it, really - back in the day on PBS channel 9 and waited as each episode brought me closer and closer to the exciting conclusion and loved every minute of it. I'm not 100% sure it will hold up today, but I'm going to give it a go and see if it does.

I remember it being a ghost story-like mystery. Creepy dolls play a part as well. You can't beat creepy dolls. (Dementia 13 comes to mind....) Classic "who done it" in the cold countrysides of Norway. You may want to save this one for a cold winter night.

I've looked for Maelstrom on DVD, but it doesn't look as if it's available in the US market. I did find it on Amazon UK.

They had it on YouTube, but the person closed their account and now...it's gone yet again. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment