Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Die Antwoord

"DIE ANTWOORD are a futuristic rap-rave crew from South Africa who represent a fresh new style called ZEF."

Click the image to visit their site
Whew...ok.  :)

DIE ANTWOORD (Afrikaans for THE ANSWER) is one of the most fun and freaky bands I've seen. I guess I'd toss them into the same realm as MY LIFE WITH THE THRILL KILL KULT (back when they were more evil and slick) and GWAR just due to the performance style they have. Wild, insane outfits, shocking visuals and a hyper-kinetic pace make these guys a fun and freaky addition to your collection.

 Their whole...thing...reminds me of the TANK GIRL (Jamie Hewlett and Alan Martin). 
They have that same, messy chic thing going on. 

I hesitate to do TOO much digging when looking for information on Die Antwoord. I guess I just don't want to find out something that will make it impossible to listen to them anymore. Like, "They just love baby bacon," or something like that. So...I'll listen to them for small periods of time and enjoy the madness. 

Their videos....you have to see their videos.








No comments:

Post a Comment